Moccamaster KBG Select, the coffee machine for small and large quantities
The new Moccamaster KBG Select for 10 cups as well as for small amounts of 4 cups. Thanks to the new selection switch, you can easily choose between a full or half jug. With half a pot, the coffee flows through more slowly. The result is an aromatic cup of coffee with full flavor, regardless of the number of cups. This makes the Moccamaster KBG Select the perfect coffee machine for both large and small quantities.
Advantages at a glance:
- Very quiet and fast preparation 1.25 litres (10 cups) within 6 minutes
- 9-hole stainless steel water spout for efficient wetting
- Lid with filler tube for a homogeneous coffee blend
- Filter holder with automatic drip stop allows you to interrupt the brewing process at any time, so you can pour yourself a cup of coffee at any time, even if the coffee has not yet run through completely
- Effective fire protection: the brewing element and the hotplate function independently of each other. After the brewing process, the brewing element switches off
- Hotplate keeps the coffee at 80°-85°C and switches off automatically after 40 minutes
- High quality copper heating element
- Handmade in Holland and individually tested
- Timeless design and high quality reusable materials, BPA free
- Extremely long life
- Parts can be easily cleaned and replaced
- Certified by European Coffee Brewing Centre (ECBC)
- 5 years warranty
- Capacity litres 1,25 l
- Capacity cups 10 in 6 min.
- Brewing time (min) 5 - 6
- Brewing temperature 92° - 96°C
- Keep warm temperature 80°-85
- Power 1520 W
- Filter bags size 4
- Functions: Functions: AO = automatic switch-off function after 40 minutes, mixing lid, filter holder with automatic drip stop, manually adjustable keep-warm plate (20 and 50 W also for small quantities of coffee).
- Dimensions: Height 360 mm / width 320 mm / depth 170 mm
- Dimensions H 36 cm, W 32 cm, D 17 cm
- Weight 2.8 kg
- Power 1,520 W
- Cable 100 cm
- Coffee filter size 4
Very economical with electricity:
The 1450-watt copper heating element of the Moccamaster Select switches off as soon as the water container is empty. The light in the right-hand switch then goes out. The position of the right-hand switch has no influence on this. From then on, the machine only consumes 25-70 watts of electricity via the intelligent warming plate, which automatically adjusts the heat to the amount of coffee in the jug. This means your coffee will never be too hot or too bitter.
Why is the brewing temperature and brewing time so important?
At a temperature of 92 º - 96 º C, the solids are dissolved and the right taste and best aroma are extracted. This results in a good balance between sweetness and bitterness.
Why is the temperature after brewing so important? Coffee tastes best at a temperature between 80º - 85º C. The coffee should not be heated further after brewing as this will develop undesirable flavours. The coffee should not be kept warm for more than one hour after brewing.
What is the right amount of coffee?
A Moccamaster measuring spoon (supplied) holds 12 grams of coffee powder (for 2 cups). For a full pot, we recommend 60-75 grams. Coffee is a matter of taste: try for yourself which coffee and how much you like best! Perfect brewing temperature of 92°-96°C: less bitterness and acids. At this temperature, the water dissolves the aromatic oils. This results in an ideal balance between acidity and bitterness.
I would like to recommend our descaler "Durgol" and the cleaning agent "CleanDrop" to you. These products are very important for the care of our Moccamaster. By handling the machine conscientiously, your customers help to ensure that the Moccamaster remains faithful for over 20 years and can offer corresponding quality.
Universal Descaler, Durgol, 750ml (€7.95).
Pour 150ml of Durgol and the same amount of water into the water container, switch on the machine. A filter bag in the filter container is not necessary. Then rinse the machine twice with clean water so that no residue remains in the plumbing system.
Cleaner for coffee machine, Clean Drop Cleaning Aid (€7.95).
Pour one litre of water and the contents of a sachet of CleaningAid from CleanDrop into the water container and switch on the machine. Then rinse the machine twice with clean water so that no residue remains in the pipe system.
As a rule of thumb, the machine should be descaled and cleaned after 100 brewing processes. This corresponds to one pack of Moccamaster paper filter bags.
Depending on where you live (and therefore the limescale content in the water), it is recommended to descale more often.